Friday, July 8, 2011

gotta start somewhere

update: 7/11/12
i've been thinking about this for a while. but i think i know what aided my demise. several weeks after my accident i re-built the bike, i noticed a loose stem. a loose stem that would cause problems. i tightened it but noticed that it wasn't any more solid. i purchased a new stem, it's solid now
[my apologies if somebody recognizes the following excerpt from a personal msg i sent them last week, once i get the account how i like it i kinda tell the same story.]

i busted my jaw, last friday fucking around at lake harriet after midnight. so i got all layed out and then to make it awesome i rode home cleaned up and went to bed. next morning my wife drove me to southdale and i had 4 hours surgery sunday am. i'm fine i went out biking today and yesterday. but i kinda busted my face.

if you want the details( i'm thinking you do) here goes. jaw wired for 5 more weeks, crushed orbit and zygomatic arch(?). the only part that is really freaking me out is the blackness from not brushing my teeth for 6 weeks. i'm thinking CX season i'm gonna kill it hard. if you think 2007 and the back surgery jazzed me then 2011 and a walk with grim reaper at lake harriet is gonna make me even more motivated. 45 minutes racing ain't shit after almost dieing.

yes, that's the real deal. i fucked up and i almost died

no, i didn't call 911 i just got back on my bike and rode to richfield. i have no idea if i passed out or not, it wouldn't surprise me if i did. what's freaky is that i had a weird voice in my head, saying, 'yeah, your gonna want to stay down for while there' and that made me get up and straighten the bar run a quick check on the bike and jump up and get home. never listen to voices, they're usually wrong.

No comments: