Thursday, July 14, 2011

a brief history....

Feel free to stop reading now.

i have an idea how i got the way i am today, there was foreshadowing in my profile. i started riding a bicycle seriously in highschool, taking my brand new motobecane 12 speed off on long solo rides. the first indication my family may have had was the phone call from a pay phone 10 miles outside of town that i needed a ride after i blew up my rear derailleur on a quick shift. it was a long quiet drive home that day, my dad didn't under stand the whole spandex thing. then there was my dad catching me drinking a beer and smoking a cigarette after i finished a transition work-out at 10 pm, i ran a 10 k and then biked thirty miles, i needed the break. the perplexed looks continued until i moved out of the house.

i won't bore you with details, but instead give you the highlights.

  • '90 bought my first mountain bike
  • '93 mountain bike racing
  • compete in first CX race in wirth park
  • winters of '01 and '02 work as messenger in chicago
  • 2007 begin comeback with 3 CX races in Mpls
  • 2011 bust face preparing for 2011 CX season
and now the predictions.... you can guess the rest won't be pretty but it will be memorable.

No comments: